Tutorial: Fill Out Your Profile 'About Me' Section
Log In To Your Account
1. On the top right hand side of the main navigation menu, click on the "Login" menu link to open the member login page.
2. On the member login page, enter the username and password you chose when registering your Fire-Up Connect account. This will log you into the site and open your member profile.
Add/Edit Your 'Basic Info'
3. On member profile pages, by default you will be viewing the "About Me" section (About Me -> View). Click the 'Edit' link on the blue navigation bar to open the Edit page.
4. On the Edit page (About Me -> Edit) you will see the "Basic Info" tab. Fill out the form fields in this section with your name, business name and type, website address, etc.
5. Once you have filled out the form fields, click the "Save Changes" button to commit the '"Basic Info" to your profile. You can return to this page at any time to update your info as needed.
Add/Edit Your 'Bio & More'
6. On the Edit page (About Me -> Edit) click the "Bio & More" tab. Use this section to add your Bio, logo image, specialties, and a featured video link (Youtube, vimeo, etc).
(Tip: avoid copying in excessive HTML formating with your text to maintain a consistent professional look. Excessive HTML styling may be removed by site admins at their discretion).
7. Once you have filled out the form fields, click the "Save Changes" button to commit the "Bio & More" info to your profile. You can return to this page at any time to update your info as needed.
Add/Change Your Profile Photo
8. Click the "Change Profile Photo" on the blue navigation bar to open the Profile Photo page (About Me -> Change Profile Photo).
Here you can choose to upload an image from your computer using the 'Select File' button or drag-and-drop the image into the dotted line box, or you can snap a picture if you have a webcam setup on your computer that your browser has access to.
9. Once your photo has been uploaded, adjust the crop box on the left if necessary. You will see a preview of what your profile photo will look like on the right side. When you are happy, click the "Crop Image" button to add the photo to your profile.
10. To view your Profile's new "About Me" section, click on the "View" link on the blue navigation bar (About Me-> View).
You can also visit your profile at any time from anywhere on the site by clicking the "My Profile" link in the site's main navigation bar at the top of each page.
(Tip: You must be logged in to view profiles.)